Here's what we will be learning about this term.
- Maths – multiplication & division, length, area & perimeter, fractions, decimals and mass & capacity.
- English – Our English work will be focused around the book BFG by Roald Dahl. The work will include writing descriptions of characters and settings, diary entries and film analysis.
- Science – Plants – children will learn to identify and describe the functions of different parts of flowering plants. We will explore the requirements of plants for life and growth and how they vary from plant to plant. We will investigate the way in which water is transported within plants and explore the part that flowers play in the life cycle of flowering plants.
- History – Leisure and Entertainment in the 20th Century – children will be exploring the changes that happened throughout the 1900s, researching notorious people and exploring the differences between then and now.
- ICT – Desk Top Publishing - we will use desktop publishing software and consider careful choices of font size, colour and type to edit and improve premade documents. Children will start to add text and images to create their own pieces of work and they will look at a range of page layouts thinking carefully about the purpose of these and evaluate how and why desktop publishing is used in the real world.
- RE – Community Christianity – we will look at the main practices for Christians such as baptism and communion and find out about the different denominations within the Christian community
- PE – On a Monday we are lucky enough to have the Premier PE Coach working with us again. We will also be working on movement and dance skills and routines, which will link into our English work on the BFG.
- Music – Composing Using Your Imagination – children will be exploring how music has the power to make the world a better place, as well as learning how to create our own personal melodies.
- Art – we will be using work produced by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Roy Lichtenstien and Mary Quant to inspire our work and learn about the techniques these artists and designers used. We will then apply these skills and techniques to our own work.
- PHSE Relationships – we will recognise what constitutes a positive, healthy relationship. We will discuss feelings and emotions, including the concept of keeping something confidential or secret. We will learn about valuing difference, understanding that differences and similarities between people arise from a number of factors.
- French – Food Glorious Food – we will be learning the French words for different types of food and how to order food.
Diary Dates for Spring 1 2022
- Tuesday 4th January – Children return to school
- Friday 11th February – Children break up for February half term
- Monday 21st February – Children return to school
- Thursday 31st March – Children break up for Easter
- Friday 1st April – Staff training day (children not in school)
As we have learnt, the best made plans sometimes need to change. The above dates may need to be altered but we will do our best to communicate any necessary changes as soon as we are aware.