In accordance with the Protected Characteristics in the Equality Act 2010, at Scotter Primary School we do not discriminate against anyone, be they staff or pupil, on the grounds of their:-
c) gender reassignment
d) marriage and civil partnership
e) pregnancy and maternity
g) religion or belief
i) sexual orientation
• We promote the principles of fairness and justice for all through the education that we provide in our school
• We ensure that all pupils have equal access to the full range of educational opportunities provided by the school.
• We constantly strive to remove any forms of indirect discrimination that may form barriers to learning.
• We ensure that all recruitment, employment, promotion and training systems are fair to all, and provide opportunities for everyone to achieve.
• We challenge stereotyping and prejudice whenever it occurs.
• We celebrate the cultural diversity of our community and show respect for all minority groups.
• We are aware that prejudice and stereotyping is caused by low self-image and ignorance.
Through positive educational experiences and support for each individual’s point of view, we aim to promote positive social attitudes and respect for all.